Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Update!

Today I had my 18 week appointment to learn that our little guy has a great heart rate in the 130's & 140's!! The mid wife, Zureka, said he was squirmy wormy and moving all around. I go back in two weeks for the 20 week anatomy ultrasound. We can't wait to see him again as the last visit was an unexpected ultrasound. So far we're in love with the name 'Kohlston' with a nick name of 'Kohl'. We're about 95% sure it will stick but there is still time for a name change :) We're slowly getting Kai ready for her 'big girl room'. We hope to paint it (pale pink) soon so we can get the nursery set up for a boy - EXCITING!!!

Congrats to our friends Tyler, Emmy & little Aidan in St. Charles, Mo - they are having another BOY!! Ethan Thomas Frost - I love the name.

On a different note: we're continuing to pray for our nephew, Caleb, in that he has a fast and speedy recovery. He's just 2 months old and had surgery for 'pyloric stenosis'. Pyloric stenosis (or infantile hypertrophic pyloric stenosis) is a condition that causes severe vomiting in the first few months of life. There is narrowing (
stenosis) of the opening from the stomach to the intestines, due to enlargement (hypertrophy) of the muscle surrounding this opening (the pylorus, meaning "gate"), which spasms when the stomach empties. He's having a hard time recovering but we know that with a lot of prayers he will be strong and healthy in no time.
WE LOVE YOU UNCLE ADAM, AUNT CHANDA & BABY CALEB!

Hope everyone has a great night and I promised my Mom I'll post belly pictures soon. Give me another couple of weeks to actually look PREGNANT vs. like I've eaten a lot :-)

oxox

2 comments:

Us! said...

Thanks for the shout out! We are very excited for our little Ethan. If only you still lived 5 houses down so we could be in it together!

Good luck to little Caleb. Hope the poor little guy gets well soon!

The Frost's

Mageo Crew said...

Congrats on a great appointment! It feels like an eternity between appointments, doesn't it?
I am not finding out the sex!! Jacob is but he will be sworn to secrecy, so he won't be able to tell a soul. I am hoping I can wait that long...

We will definitely include little Caleb and his parents in our prayers!

The Mageo's